Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Journal Collections
Here are examples of online full-text journal collections.These collections include a wide variety of journals which could be needed for women's studies research. Both of these are retrospective and do not have the most current issue of the journals.
- Project Muse:. Over 200 scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and mathematics from Johns Hopkins University. The journals are exact images of the print version; but each title is limited to the most recent issues, usually no longer than the last 4 years. The journals can be browsed by title, subject, or collection and searched individually.
- JSTOR:. Back files of scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and mathematics, many with counterparts in Project Muse. Some titles date back over 50 years. Journals are exact images of the print version. The journals can be browsed either alphabetically or by discipline and searched individually.
Women's Studies Journals
Below are only a few examples of on-line full-text journals or lists of journals associated with Women's Studies Research. To search a more extensive list of all U Albany electronic journals and databases Click here for, DATABASES BY SUBJECT, then select Women's Studies.
- Feminist Periodicals - University of Wisconsin-Madison, Women's Studies Office
- Feminist Collections: A Quarterly of Women's Studies Resources
A list of the table of contents of past issues, along with some full text articles.
- International Family Planning Perspectives and Digest
Available through JSTOR.
- Feminist Africa provides a forum for progressive, cutting-edge gender research and feminist dialogue focused on the continent. By prioritising intellectual rigor, the journal seeks to challenge the technocratic fragmentation resulting from donor-driven and narrowly developmentalist work on gender in Africa." Cape Town, South Africa: African Gender Institute, 2002. For Feminist Africa: Diaspora Voices see (Issue 7 2007).
- Jouvert - Journal of Postcolonial Studies
Includes some full-text articles and reviews on gender and postcolonial identities.
U Albany University Library Reference site. Includes E-Zines.
Viva Women's History
Detailed list of journals indexed in Viva
Women in Judaism
Includes refereed online journals centered on gender issues in Judaism.
The leading international journal in women's studies -- This site offers the table of contents for past issues of Signs, published by the U. of Chicago Press and owned by our library. The focus of essays ranges from cross-disciplinary theory and methodology often focusing on concerns of women's studies.
Press and Newsletters
Gender Watch Database
GenderWatch offers full-text newsletters. Writing for a newsletter is another way to become an author. Try searching this database to find a newsletter you might like to write for!
Voices From the Radical Feminist Press (1960-1985), an Oral History
This project "attempts to restore to the record those feminist presses founded between the year 1960 to 1985 and highlights the literary, social, political dimensions of the presses founded in the 1970's. The audio interviews with transcripts will be archived at the Schlesinger Library."
A radical newsletter in the struggle for peace and justice.