Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The Biographical Dictonary of Scientists: Chemists. [SCIENCE REF QD 21 B48 1983B]
- Contains biographies of chemists and a short historical introduction.
- Dictionary of Scientific Biography. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 D5]
- This multi-volume resource includes essays on chemists. Published under the auspices of the A merican Council of Learned Societies, each essay is signed by the contributor, emphasizes the biographee's accomplishments, and includes a bibliography. 14 volumes plus indexes and supplements.
- A Dictionary of Scientists.
- From Oxford Reference Online, this resource has 1,300 biographies, spans 2,500 years, and covers all areas of science.
- Notable Twentieth-Century Scientists. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 N73 1995]
- This four-volume set is a comprehensive source of biographical information on over 1,300 scientists active in the 20th century. Each biographical entry includes a 2 or 3 page essay, a list of selected writings, and a bibliography. There are field of specialization, gender, nationality/ethnicity, and subject indexes.