Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current Awareness Services
- An automated current awareness service that delivers the table of contents of journals or article citations by electronic mail. Search strategies can be created by journal, keyword, or author.
- JournalTOCs is a table-of-contents alerting service. Currently, it covers over 24,000 journals from more than 2,100 publishers. JournalTOCs is free and can be searched or browsed, and journals can be saved with a "tick" to be viewed again (followed). Registration is required to "tick" and follow.
- Keeping Up and Looking Back.
- From the Chemical Information Sources wikibook, this resource provides information about and links to several current awareness and alerting tools. Included are alerts from databases, publishers, and Google Scholar. There are a few resources that the University at Albany does not subscribe to, however, there are many that UA subscribes to and several that are freely available.
- Synthetic Reaction Updates
- This service, from the Royal Society of Chemistry, provides alerts for literature published on synthetic organic chemistry.