Bilingual Education & ESL (English as a Second Language)
- American Council on Teaching Foreign Languages
Focuses on issues that are critical to the growth of both the profession and the individual teacher, ranging from the development of Proficiency Guidelines to its leadership role in the creation of national standards.
- Center for Adult English Language Acquisition (CAELA, Washington, D.C.)
Principal focus is adult ESL literacy. Includes annotated links to other sites with information and resources for adult ESL, and more.
- Center for Applied Linguistics
Provides a wide selection of Web resources including megasites and sites offering learning materials for teachers and students. Search by keyword, topics, or resources.
- Center for Multilingual Multicultural Research (University of Southern California)
"The Center provides a base for those interested in multilingual education, English-as-a second language, and foreign language instruction, multicultural education and related areas; and the opportunity to come together for research and program collaboration."
- Interesting Things for ESL Students
Includes quizzes, word games, word puzzles, proverbs, slang expressions, anagrams, a random-sentence generator, and other study materials. The primary focus is for ESL, but native English speakers may also find some interesting things on this site.
- National Association for Bilingual Education
The NABE website provides information on publications, conferences and professional issues in the field of bilingual education.
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition and Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA)
Formerly, the National Clearinghouse for Bilingual Education. Features language and education links, online library (includes selected full-text journal articles), information on legislation, and more.
Resources for EFL/ESL/ESOL Teachers. Includes TEFL.NET Inspire!, an electronic magazine for TEFL teachers, as well as lesson plans, classroom handouts, and more.
- TESL-EJ Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language
TESL-EJ is fully refereed, freely-distributed electronic journal. It is an internationally- recognized source of ESL and EFL information for people in scores of countries.
- TESOL, Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc.: A Global Education Association
Provides access to information about the organization, news, publications, professional development, professional activities, standards, resources for teachers and researchers, and position statements of the TESOL association .
Provides information about the test, test preparation, services of the organization, publications, and more.