Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- American Men and Women of Science. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 A47]
- Contains biographical sketches on nearly 120,000 active U.S. and Canadian scientists in the physical,
biological, mathematical, and computer sciences. The discipline index is useful for finding a scientist
in a specific area of study.
- Dictionary of Scientific Biography. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 D5]
- This multi-volume resource has numerous essays on scientists from all periods of history. Published under
the auspices of the American Council of Learned Societies, each essay is signed by the contributor and
includes a bibliography. 14 volumes plus indexes and supplements.
- A Dictionary of Scientists.
- From Oxford Reference Online, this resource has 1,300 biographies, spans 2,500 years, and covers
all areas of science.
- The Grolier Library of Science Biographies. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 G84 1997]
- The entries in this 10-volume set contain basic biographical information: place of birth, date of birth,
positions, primary scientific achievements, and the importance of these achievements. The index not only
lists scientists who have entries, but also groups the scientists by discipline.
- Notable Black American Scientists. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 N726 1995]
- This resource contains vignettes on the careers of African American scientists, with reference to
their personal and societal influences.
- Notable Twentieth-Century Scientists. [SCIENCE REF Q 141 N73 1995]
- A comprehensive source of biographical information on over 1,300 scientists active in the 20th
century. This four-volume set includes field of specialization, gender, nationality/ethnicity, and subject
- Notable Women Scientists. [Q 141 N736 1999]
- Over four hundred biographical essays on women around the world, who have made significant contributions
to the sciences, from antiquity to the present, are contained in this resource.