Associations & Organizations
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- "AERA is the most prominent international professional organization, with the primary goal of advancing educational research and its practical application. The broad range of disciplines represented by the membership includes education, psychology, statistics, sociology, history, economics, philosophy, anthropology, and political science."
- Association of Literacy Educators & Researchers (ALER)
- ALER is formerly College Reading Association.
- International Reading Association
"..a professional organization for those involved in teaching reading to learners of all ages." It provides a range of free resources in areas of teaching tools, issues in literacy, and literacy in community.
- Literacy Coaching Clearinghouse
"This site offers an array of policy and practice briefs and coaching tools for literacy coaches, teachers, administrators, and researchers. These archived materials provide ideas for practice and research."
- Literacy Research Association (formerly National Reading Conference)
- “NRC is a professional organization for individuals who share an interest in research and the dissemination of information about literacy and literacy instruction.” It also provides free access to archival files of Journal of Literacy Research and Yearbook.
- New York State Reading Association
- Provides information for members and links to related Web sites.
- Reading is Fundamental (RIF)
The nation's largest children's literacy organization. Includes online resources for local RIF coordinators, educators, and parents.
- ProLiteracy Worldwide
Includes national and international proliteracy programs. It's Verizon Literacy Network (VLN) is a free, online tool that uses computers and other technology to deliver information and resources to anyone who wants to improve their own literacy skills or the reading and writing skills of someone else.